THE 2024 SKAGIT COUNTY REPUBLICAN PARTY CONVENTION WILL BE HELD SATURDAY, MARCH 9 FROM 10 AM to 3 PM AT THE FREEDONIA GRANGE:
A. DELEGATES AND ALTERNATES
1. The County Executive Board in accordance with the rules of State Committee shall determine the number of Delegates and Alternates to a County Convention.
2. Delegates and Alternates to the County Convention shall be elected at the precinct caucuses. Delegates and Alternates must be registered voters in the precinct in which they are elected at the time of the precinct caucus. Election and qualifications of Delegates and Alternates shall be in accordance with the rules of the State Committee. The SCRP Officers, Chair, Vice-Chair, Committeeman, Committeewoman and all elected and appointed PCO’s in accordance with Washington State Republican Party rules, shall be Automatic Delegates to the County Convention.
3. Delegates and Alternates to the Convention shall be advised in writing at the Caucus of the following:
A. Suggestions for the Platform to be presented at the Convention must be submitted in writing to the Platform Committee at least five (5) weeks before the date of the Convention. Note: The platform committee for the platform shall consider resolutions passed by a caucus.
B. All Resolutions to come before the Convention must be submitted in writing to the Resolutions Committee at least five (5) days before the date of the Convention.
B. CALL TO THE CONVENTION
Written notice of the County Convention and a copy of the proposed Platform shall be sent to all delegates and alternates not less than two (2) weeks prior to the date of the Convention.
C. CONVENTION COMMITTEES
The County Chairman shall appoint the following committees for the Convention:
1. Credentials Committee: The Credentials Committee shall review the election and qualifications of the proposed attendees of the County Convention and issue proper credentials.
2. Rules and Order Committee: The Rules Committee shall pass any special rules and procedures not covered by these bylaws and enforce them during the convention.
3. Platform Committee: The Platform Committee shall consider ideas and opinions expressed at the caucuses and in post caucus correspondence when drafting the platform.
4. Resolutions Committee: Review all resolutions and give a recommendation concerning them at the convention.
D. ORGANIZATION OF THE CONVENTION
The County Chairman shall call the Skagit County Convention to order as Temporary Chairman, and shall proceed with the following order of business, unless the convention changes the order upon adopting its permanent organization.
1. Election of Temporary Chairman
2. Appointment of Secretary and Parliamentarian
3. Main Speaker
4. Introduction of Elected Officials
5. Introduction and announcements of candidates for office
6. Presentation and approval of report of Credentials Committee
7. Presentation and approval of report of Rules and Order Committee
8. Election of Permanent Chairperson, who calls meeting to order
9. Presentation and approval of Reports of Platform and Resolutions Committees.
10. Election of Delegates and Alternates to State Convention.
Elections shall be by Commissioner District first. If a sufficient number of Delegates and Alternates cannot be selected from a particular Commissioner District, then the positions may be chosen by an 'At-large' vote.
E. RULES OF TEMPORARY ORDER
1. The County Convention shall adhere to the following rules of temporary organization:
2. This convention shall transact no business other than to organize itself until the permanent organization is affected.
3. No proxies shall be recognized by the Convention.
4. On all questions before the convention, the vote shall be by "yeas" and "nays", standing vote, or if voted by the Delegates, a roll call vote.
5. Fifty percent (50%) of the Delegates who were elected at Caucuses and approved by the Credentials Committee shall constitute a quorum.
6. Only the Platform submitted by the Platform Committee shall be considered by the Convention.
7. The platform shall not be read at the Convention, unless a motion to do so shall have been properly made and passed by the Delegates of the convention. The Delegates may vote to adopt or amend the report of the Platform Committee in total or section-by-section. All motions to amend the Platform shall be in writing on forms provided by the County Chairman.
8. No resolution or item of the platform shall be tabled or otherwise deferred. All resolutions and platform items shall be concluded before the election of delegates and alternates to the WSRP State Convention.
9. The proponent of any resolution or motion shall be allowed the privilege of the floor for one (1) minute to support the resolution or motion and thirty (30) seconds to close the debate, if any. The proponent shall have the question moved or called for. No more than two (2) additional proponents and three (3) opponents shall speak to a resolution or motion. All such speeches shall be limited to one (1) minute.
10. No action shall be taken at the County Convention, which shall be employed in such a way as to jeopardize the right of the SCRP to participate in the Republican State Convention.
11. Robert's Rules of Order (latest revision) shall govern the deliberations of the convention on any procedures not provided for herein.
For more information email: email@example.com